Southern Fried Cauliflower
Designed for professional chefs, check out this Southern Fried Cauliflower recipe: cooking instructions broken into components, full list of professional ingredients, chefs’ preparation secrets.
Cauliflower 1.2 kg
Buttermilk 600.0 ml
Dijon Mustard 20.0 g
Sugar 10.0 g
Chilli paste 10.0 g
Plain flour 150.0 g
Sour cream 250.0 g
- Cut cauliflower into florets and steam for 5 minutes until just tender. Cool.
- Combine buttermilk, Dijon mustard, sugar and half the chilli paste. Reserve remaining chilli paste.
- Fold the mixture through the cauliflower. Refrigerate for about 3 hours to infuse the flavours.
- Drain cauliflower and add flour to the liquid. Whisk to a batter consistency.
- Dust the cauliflower in additional flour, dip in chilli batter then coat again in flour.
- Deep fry at 180 degree Celsius until golden. Drain.
- Combine the remaining chilli paste and sour cream and serve as a dipping sauce with the cauliflower. Garnish with chopped coriander.