These Chicken Kebab skewers are so versatile, they can be grilled, baked in the oven or cooked on the BBQ. A new healthy version of your favorite takeaway.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 kg
Plain Greek yogurt 100 ml
Olive oil 150 ml
Cloves garlic pressed or minced 20 g
Arabic Spices Mix 50 g
Red Onion, quartered into 1-inch pieces 200 g
Zucchini, sliced 200 g
Red Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces 200 g
- Slice the chicken into cubes.
- Add the Greek yogurt and olive oil to a medium size bowl. Add the minced garlic, Arabic spices mix and stir.
- Pour the marinade in a bowl with the chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- When ready to grill, prepare the grill by lightly oiling the grate with vegetable oil or cooking spray and set to medium high heat.
- If using wooden skewers, prepare them by soaking in water for 10 minutes. If using metal skewers, no prep is necessary.
- Thread the chicken on the skewers alternating with the red onion, zucchini and red bell pepper until you've reached the end of the skewer, ending with chicken.
- Repeat with the remaining skewers. Discard any of the remaining marinade that had the chicken in it.
- Grill and serve with Salad and Tahini.
- You can refrigerate the margination overnight or at least for 4 hours. The longer they soak up the marinade, the more tender and delicious they taste.